"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Sunday, February 20, 2011

An Evening in Beijing!

I was invited for a lecture series in Tsinghua University- INSEAD MBA program in Beijing. Being an Alumni of INSEAD EMBA, I need to fulfil my dear Prof requests. My audience is expecting something from my past experience and current position in ECB.

Lucky me.

My topic "Economics outlook; past,present & future!"

I start with " Remember the First Laws of Economics ? For every economists, there is an equal and opposite economists" and i continue,

So for every bullish economists, there is a bearish one!" at this point some people are either laughing or puzzle! if only they ever heard so! an i continue

and The Second Laws of Economics, They are both likely to be wrong! the entire flock laughing continuously.. lol

Economics is dynamics and not static! and both might be wrong! ding dong they are laughing again! i pause and continue ,

so what are we learning in economics? i can hear everybody keep on suggesting to their partner!

Ask yourself! why do we need a car? what is the purpose of having car or any vehicle! then i praise China for their people still bike to work and elsewhere! (yeah you need to do a little praises here, you never knows with these communists)

So we discuss with merely 80 no of participants; what is nationalisation vs privatisation? open and close economics! dynamics and static! pros and cons!

It is not my talks i must say! it is interesting and yet informative and i've got to learn something newly and refreshing ideas!

Don't get urself confuse, its only a sparkling grape.cheer

Yeah! i know i am looking terribly old lately! hears hears! lets toast!

Next i am jetting to Tokyo, Japan, meeting another investors! oooohhhh
I can't tell tales my mission!
So far, since last week i was in Doha, Shanghai & Beijing
next Tokyo.
next........?

Hubby I missed you terribly! love you!

p/s light reading if you r interested:
two laws on bullish and bearish economists
by william sherden


3 comments:

Paul Figaro J said...

Aiyoohh... So uncle lorr

Suf n Steve said...

i am 34 this year darl! got to live with it

Unknown said...

Never too old honey..jadilah macam mak ni..foreber 25 katanya **matitak mak berangan??

And well done on you pergi merata rata..I'd love this kinda job tapi last last we still rindukan katil sendirikannnnnn