"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fasting Fiesta


One thing i hates so much is fasting (no eating and drinks and sex)during summer time. Usually it will take longer hour than other seasons. The reason is slightly longer day light and shorter night time.

We have to take breakfast as early as 3++ am and later break fasting as late as 8++ pm. That will total up to 18++,extra hours. Both of us will move so very low momentum. Cook by 4pm and we will take our bed and set the alarm by 8pm.

The air-cond will never stop running at 20c. Its hot, dry and you easily get dehydrated outside or inside your house.

Unlike fasting during winter time,very syok(nice) one!! breakfast at 6am and later break fasting at 4pm. You barely feel like fasting, cozzz its winter.

My fond winter experience is break fasting in a lecture hall, during university time in Cambridge. The professor ask me " ain't you suppose to break fast, sufian?, is it the time?" i reply "Yes Prof, if you can gives us all 10" he said "i don't mind"

That is my favorite math professor, Dr M.E Mcintyre, he is forever with Cambridge and fluid analysis. As for me, I always stick to Cryptography.

I've meet him last year 2008, in this Symposium held in Cambridge. He came to me and congratulate me for my research presentation and we had a good chat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Mum used to do a tiny fast on Good Friday, trying to last until 3pm but frankly, it would take too much out of her, with a family to look after.

Much more realistic was when she'd wait until after Sunday morning communion at 8am and home again at 9am before having anything more than a glass of water.