"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Thursday, September 30, 2010

As I darkened my eyes with the dust of sadness...

I darkened my eyes
with the dust of sadness
until each of them was a sea full of pearls

All the tears which I shed for him
are not tears as many think but pearls...

I am complaining about the soul of the soul
but I'm no complainer; I'm simply saying how it is

My heart tell me it is distressed with him
bu I can only laugh at such pretended injuries.

Where is this "we" and this "I"?
By the side of the Beloved.
You made this "we" and this "I"
in order that you might play
this game of courtship with yourself
that all "you's" and "I's" might become one soul
and finally drown in the Beloved

Is it possible for the bodily eye to see you?
can thought comprehend your laughter or grief?
tell me now, can it possibly see you at all?
such heart has only borrowed things to live with.

The garden of love is green without limit
and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy.
Love is beyond either condition:
without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.

1 comment:

fufu said...

"Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh." NICE :)