"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Friday, January 8, 2010

1st episode -Gay Finances in a str8 world: Are you ready to change?

Did you falter in 2009 trying to get your finances straight? Did you end 2009 with your finances still not fine?Have you vowed to win in 2010 the struggle to manage your money?

Are you tired of my crazy questions? Okay, I'm done with the cute rhyming.

Now is the time to get serious about finally getting out of debt, balancing your monthly budget or eliminating the money fights with your honey. Stop promising to be a better money manager tomorrow and do it today.

"Dearest reader, today is tomorrow." Make today your tomorrow. And I have a way to make it happen.

First, I challenge you to go 21 days without spending money on anything but necessities. You can't use a credit or debit card. Cash is king.

For three weeks, you curtail your consumption. You can't go to the mall (no window shopping, please). No eating out (i reckon you to follow our blogger friend Mr Urs recipe road to success) . No extras at all. I ask you to take a pledge to put away the plastic.

Not this plastic,

but these!!!

Don't be afraid, it's only a temporary break from your love affair with credit. Although there are some useful things about it, it can also cause people to overspend, even those who pay off their bill every month.

By shutting down the shopping, you can look back and see how much money you have waste. You might finally see that you can save. You may realize how often you whip out the credit card to pay for things you really don't need. Even if you are a good money manager, you may find you can be better.

This is a financial fast that can truly change your life. It can change you and your partner .It might even help heal your relationship, since we know one of the top reasons couples fight is over money.

Second, Check your closet/cupboard/cabinet for all the things that you have purchase before or after Christmas and ask your good self " What am i going to do with all these?" if your answer is best to keep it for latter used, then you are under the category of hoarders/keeper.

"Oh, i still have the mayonnaise from summer'92 !!!" euwww

Sort whatsoever you have been collecting and start with small session of car boot sales/or joint a group of community sales or give away to the needy.

You have to clear up all the unnecessary items so you may plan ahead in your budget and not to over shopping or trying to stock up your house to be a mini supermarket. That's so very ambitious - in a very wrong way. Buy food according to your weekly consumption.

So, are you up for the 21-day financial fast challenge? Can you handle the truth that may come out during the fast?


4 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

21 days? As in 3 weeks? As in 504 hours?
I know beforehand that I can't do it... I'm sorry to say that I cannot even try...
For example, I have visitors coming to London. There's no way we're not going out...
I'd also like to take my date for cinema or dinner... Spend some money on him...
I'll think about it though... I really will

Suf n Steve said...

darling

all contribution towards building relationship is neccessity to all us, my point is as long as it involve cash then it is OK, no to credit

i do realise over these matter...

Nik_TheGreek said...

I don't normally use my credit card anyway. (I only have one in case of emergency). I do use my debit card a lot though...
Is there hope for me yet?

Suf n Steve said...

darling

i have wrote the follow-up for this series.

will be publish in very little time.passion is a virtue....