"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Friday, February 5, 2010

How am i doing in Malaysia? 3

let me start with my big rolling eyes!!!!how?

What a busy week for Steve and me, we were out from Penang and travel down to kl to pick up the lord granny plus her entourage whom are flying down all away from Toronto, Canada for Chinese new year.

buffet style - eat as much as you can!!!

There was a small party to celebrate granny at my father's house in Bukit Bangsar. A regular meet-up for all of us raging from different categories, 100% Chinese (KL & Penang cousins), 50% Chinese (like me and few other cousin who are Muslim and Christian), a bunch of ABC (American born Chinese) and long lost friends.

my granny *matilah pakai susuk*

Granny is forever witty and at her best health ever. "Eat more vegetable "as she always nag, She is 90's this year.
granny fav choc cake
*remember to put me in your will* heheheh

So, i am obliged to cook all her favorites dishes, like Vegetarian curry puff, Chocolate Vegetarian Cake & Pineapple tart and all sort of Nyonya kuih . Suite me! i has become a house wife, so got nothing else to do, accept for cooking and baking! but i do it with all pleasure and happy to serve as it always reminisce of my late mother, whom favorites hobby is cooking for her family.

From this to...

curry puff

I learn some from my her, some from my sister, part from my granny and a lots from my father. So guess if i am missing here in blog-sphere is for the reasons to pleasure some one tummy (many tummy). Granny insist to stay at our house in Balik Pulau. Breakfast as early as 6:30am and 10am, lunch somewhere else (lucky me) than back for high tea around 5pm and that is it! no dinner for her.

as for Steve and me, we were totally the other way of it. dinner at mamak's with family member at 10th.

and for tomorrow, i will serve laksa penang or penang rice noodle for the entire bunch of my family. (this delicacy should be cook and leave overnight to give extra flavor)

So, now i can adjourn and go to sleep. nightly night

4 comments:

Paul Figaro J said...

masak for me when i return to penang k?

Suf n Steve said...

hahahahhahahahahahahh

fufu said...

wow curry puff somemore!!!! >< wish i am now in penang =p

Suf n Steve said...

fufu sayang nak makan ker?

come i suapkan.....gatalkan i