"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good Offer ++ Bad ?

Last week, I was offered a double position in Federal Reserve, imagine double position or dual job description. I say i will think about it, i personally have a bad feeling that people in the Administration of Federal Reserve (or USA in general) are not yet ready with GAY thing or GAY Leadership! Too bad.

Another job offer came from my working visit to Singapore, high rank position, CED (Chief Executive Director), and i say NO, simple and easy, with no reasons whatsoever. Being gay and openly married with a guy is not a plus point if you are working in Asia Country. duh!

So i am gonna stay with ECB for some reasons (Not only for good dough the pay me!).My mere perception (correct me if i am wrong) European Union (EU) are more acceptive to our kind; and people judge you based on your quality that you may produce, despite your Religions, Belief, Language, Race, Skin Color and Sexual Preferences.

I have known many fellow Americans whom holding PR in EU countries. They stay put for the same reasons, The Quality Living!

For this current time, my workload has been lowered down so i could have focus on my Dear Hubby in Berlin. I was given a permission to work from Berlin until my Dear Hubby is fit enough! after his chemotherapy and stem cell operations. I am blessed for such understanding i have had from my Directors.

The little one is gonna stay with her Grandma for time being, i cannot juggle with my work and my dear hubby and a daughter. I will be totally stress out!

So here i am! this is what i am looking at and working with...


2 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

You know best. You'll make the best decision...
By the way, because I've been looking for a while, how can I find one of these better jobs? (don't worry, I'm kidding)

Unknown said...

Perhaps you'll be the first who's going to change all those people's perception about us di sana.. siapa tahu kan? Whatever it is, good on ya and may your hubby gets better soon too :)