"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Saturday, September 19, 2009

My First Sabbatical



Next month, by God willing! i will be doing my first sabbatical under the provision of IBM and Columbia University Fellowship. The Board has agreed to send me to The IBM Haifa Research Lab which is located in University of Haifa, Israel.

Godzilla! i will be going to Israel and stay for first one month. Wonder why for only one month? The Israel government issued a temporary visa and not a 1 years visa because i am Muslim or to be exact American Muslim. With my family background from Malaysia, they are afraid that i might have a connection with terrorists.BASTARD!

It is so clear, during the visa's interview. The officers had all queries on personal basis and non-related-to-my-research-purposes. but i keep cool and not to over react, understanding that is what SB or special Branch do -provocation-, i recall these from my father.

Ok, but looking from the good sight, i will be able to used their machines. Especially the MPI(Message Passing Interface) from IBM Haifa. Its was told that, the best Turing Machine is based in Haifa. I will be able to test my Mathematical Theory of Quantum Cryptography with that machine. Can wait for it.

I have several (infects so many) mathematical theories that i would like to test on that machine likes, Parallel/Grid Computing, Laser Technology on Quantum Processing, Cryptography for Cloud Computing and many more.

The Entire sabbatical is for 1 year period and the project is for 2 years and i am able taking in 2 new PhD students to help me(of course with PERKS, likes PhD scholarship, monthly allowances, visitation/traveling, special project and continue postdoctoral with IBM after PhD) with the testing and TA. Anybody have interest in Mathematical Theorem for Computer Science fields. You may email me for further clarification.

No comments: