"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."

Sunday, June 21, 2009

M heart belongs to daddy

My dad and I.

We are like friends, we talks! In spite of the fact that he used to be very hard on me, this is when i was 12 years old, After mom passed away. He got pissed off and slap on my face very hard. I'm not going to blame him, but i am sad. Few month following that accident, grand mom asked my father to re-married another widow; which he agreed (now i understand why he got pissed off)and that widow is my late mom friends.


I have no feeling of hatred over my father, well this sissy boy is focusing in his study(hehehe) and being the only boy in this family, i do have a great responsibility "to carry out my ancestry name". I can't do this ! i play backside! how could i produce a child of my own. But at least i have proved that i am very good in academia world.


I never come out to my father! but i have the feeling that he knew i will never marry and the fact that i am living with a gentleman! We never talks over these matter. We will talks about other stuffs. Both of my real sister knew i am GAY. The communication between my sister and me is ok. I introduce my hubby as "Uncle Steve" to my nephews and nieces. The kids loved him. My step mother likes him too. Yeah and that's how he earn a nickname "Mr Handyman". Dad never asked about Steve and i never talks about him too. I don't wanna risk seeing my dad got heart attack unexpectedly after i told him that i am gay. Dad is now 77th years old!


I have cost him heartbreaking a long time ago. I refused to run his business. I am not a businessman like him. I love academia and i love teaching and research. I ask over my brother in laws to managed dad's company instead. Then I pack my stuffs and off to Columbia University in NY to pursued PhD. I have never contacted him for so long , only during my graduation day. Steve's has council me (ahhh!!! psycho hubby) to call me dad and tell him that i am about to receive my scroll. Dad never replied a words, but about and hour later he return my call and we talks and i cried and we laughs and cried and later i make a promise to him that after i have finish my contract with IBM i will return to Malaysia.


After a few years working with Monash Malaysia (about 4 years), I have decided to be with my hubby, these relationship need extraordinary enforcement. I can't let my hubby do all sort of nasty little things behind me (me too -i have become nasty bitch). Both of us feel guilty for such relationship. He is working in LA and i am working in KL. Both of us went corrupts. So, we made our agreement in late 2007; is to be together. By luck i have receive a job offer at United Nation University in Japan and later i was posted to United Nation University in New York. Steve is transporting from LA to NY for couple of month before he eventually moved his souls back to NY. and i was seconded to Columbia University for few semester but remain as the same position in UN university.


Dad is doing great, we called up every week to update each other. He is not an IT literate. Dunno about web cam or other means of communication. Dad's can still drive his car. I have bought for him a present; a nice Mercedes Benz (S class); that he proudly shows off to others and tell his son bought this car for him (aiyo! so old man). But he doesn't wants all that. He wants his family mostly. He missed me so much.

Dad, Happy Father's Day! I love you so much!

MY HEART BELONG TO DADDY

While tearing off a game of golf
I may make a play for the caddy
But when I do, I don't follow through
Cause my heart belongs to Daddy

If I invite a boy some night
To dine on my fine food and haddie
I just adore, his asking for more
But my heart belongs to Daddy

Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
So I simply couldn't be bad
Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, DAAAAD

So I want to warn you laddie
Though I know that you're perfectly swell
That my heart belongs to Daddy
Cause my Daddy, he treats it so well

While tearing off a game of golf
I may make a play for the caddy
But when I do, I don't follow through
Cause my heart belongs to Daddy

If I invite a boy some night
To cook up some hot enchilada
Though Spanish rice is all very nice
My heart belongs to Daddy

Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
So I simply couldn't be bad
Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, Da, DAAAAD

So I want to warn you laddie
Though I know that you're perfectly swell
That my heart belongs to Daddy
Cause my Daddy, he treats it so well

No comments: